Re: [BUG] do_bash

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 10/07/98

George wrote:

> This was non-obviously fixed in bpl14.
>
>     if (damage(ch, vict, 1, SKILL_BASH) > 0) {  /* -1 = dead, 0 = miss */
>       GET_POS(vict) = POS_SITTING;
>       WAIT_STATE(vict, PULSE_VIOLENCE);
>     }

I think that he meant that you can bash the character (not yet fighting)
and cause the victim to be sitting.

I have seen this on other muds, as if some mobs you could not attack,
but you could however bash them to make them sit.
I saw this in one area where two mobs were identical except you could
not hit one of them. So I bashed it to make him sit and I knew which one
it was.
Mulder: You might want to check other flags that prevent fighting but
may still allow that bash to go through.