Re: [OFFTOPIC] Downloading linux & obCircle

From: Bryan Britt (beltane@BELTANE.COM)
Date: 10/29/98

I'm just going to touch on the subject of installing Linux since this is
a CircleMUD list.

I'm going to use the mirror at ftp.lame.org since I've found it to be
quite reliable, fast, and underutilized.

Before you reformat you will need to make 2 system disks.  You'll need
the following 3 files.

ftp://ftp.lame.org/mirrors/redhat/redhat-5.1/i386/dosutils/rawrite.exe
ftp://ftp.lame.org/mirrors/redhat/redhat-5.1/i386/images/boot.img
ftp://ftp.lame.org/mirrors/redhat/redhat-5.1/i386/images/supp.img

Make the floppies like this on drive a:
rawrite -f boot.img -d a
rawrite -f supp.img -d a

*******

Put in floppy that you installed boot.img on, make sure you are ready to
toast Whine95, and reboot.

*******

I'll leave the rest for an exercise for the reader.  If you install via
FTP (high speed link required) I recommend using the source directory
of:

ftp.lame.org/mirrors/redhat/redhat-5.1/i386/RedHat/

Use the Support part of the http://www.redhat.com for explainations of
what does what.

If any other help is needed, I'll be glad to help rid the world of
Whine95, errr..  I mean help anyone install Redhat offlist.

***************

ObCircle:

Has anyone added additional Conditions to the stock FULL, THIRST, and
DRUNK?    We've just implemented HEALTH and BODYTEMP (affected by
terrain type). We are planning on also utilizing the conditions code to
implement PHOBIA and ADDICTION.   I'd like to know if there are any
others that anyone has implemented?

Bryan Britt
Beltane Web Services

At [Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:21:38 -0700], Jourge Fuzz Bush <modem-burn@GEOCITIES.