Re: [NEWBIE] Coding...

From: Xual (xual@satanspawn.ml.org)
Date: 11/10/98

If you want to learn C from a book, and have no coding experience, I'd
have to suggest C for Dummies by Dan Gookin.  If you are willing to to sit
down and do all of the silly little programs, you will find by the end of
the first volume (there are two, and can be bought as a package) that you
have a much better understanding of what's going on.  Although it doesn't
even begin to cover network programming, it's an entertaining way to learn
the basics.  As far as writing your own code goes, look at what's already
been done, both in the stock code, and in the hundreds of available
patches and snippets.  Also, read all the documentation that came with the
Circle distribution, and with your compiler.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://satanspawn.ml.org:4000