Re: [CODE - sorta..] Sending too much data toplayer.....

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@pacific101.com)
Date: 12/13/98

At 05:52 PM 12/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have in all cases except one. I have a dynamic wilderness map, and for
>imps
>it sends a lot of data(80 rooms wide by 24 rooms heigh with one color code
>per
> room and one symbol per room). I can't have a page_string in the middle of
>map.
>
>-Ast

In my wilderness, it keeps the number of an array to see if the previous
color code is the same one that is here, and if so, it doesn't repeat.  Now
my maps load 80% faster, easily.

Make an array like that of sector_symbols, only make it sector_colors, and
then have it check to see the differences.  It's a little odd, but it saves
a LOT of stuff.

In fact, my MUD would crash before I did this, because it would fill up the
buffer and overflow on proc_color.