armor questiosn

From: Dan Egli (dan@adsl60.slkc.uswest.net)
Date: 12/20/98

Exactly how does the armor system in Circlemud work? I have been able to
gather that the lower your AC the better, but the ac apply values of armor
and such do not seem to effect my AC as predicted. Example:

Char has no armor, AC: 100
Char wears suit of platemail. Ac apply: 15
Char now has armor, AC: 55

Wait a minute here? 55? Thats 45 off, not 15 off. Tripple the AC value.
Now: Char remove platemail, wears enchanted chain, AC apply: 30

Current AC of char: 55

NO CHANGE?! whats up?