Re: [Code]

From: Aaron Throckmorton (throck@nfinity.com)
Date: 01/11/99

Anthony Benjamin wrote:

> I was wondering if there was anyway to write a reboot script or
> something similar for Windows 95, I can't quite get it to reboot or use

Here is what I use for an autorun script.  I used a combination of a
script that was posted previously on the list and the one that comes
with stock circle.

Any chance of getting this added to the distribution, George/Jeremy?

Aaron Throckmorton

@echo off
rem
rem CircleMUD 3.0 autorun script
rem Contributions by Fred Merkel, Stuart Lamble, and Jeremy Elson
rem Copyright (c) 1996 The Trustees of The Johns Hopkins University
rem All Rights Reserved
rem See license.doc for more information
rem
rem
rem
rem This script can be used to run CircleMUD over and over again (i.e.,
have it
rem automatically reboot if it crashes).  It will run the game, and copy
some
rem of the more useful information from the system logs to the 'log'
directory
rem for safe keeping.
rem
rem You can control the operation of this script by creating and
deleting files
rem in Circle's root directory, either manually or by using the
'shutdown'
rem command from within the MUD.
rem
rem Creating a file called .fastboot makes the script wait only 5
seconds
rem between reboot attempts instead of the usual 60.  If you want a
quick
rem reboot, use the "shutdown reboot" command from within the MUD.
rem
rem Creating a file called .killscript makes the script terminate (i.e.,
stop
rem rebooting the MUD).  If you want to shut down the MUD and make it
stay
rem shut down, use the "shutdown die" command from within the MUD.
rem
rem Finally, if a file called pause exists, the script will not reboot
the MUD
rem again until pause is removed.  This is useful if you want to turn
the MUD
rem off for a couple of minutes and then bring it back up without
killing the
rem script.  Type "shutdown pause" from within the MUD to activate this
feature.

SETLOCAL

rem The port on which to run the MUD
SET PORT=4000

rem Default flags to pass to the MUD server (see admin.txt for a
description
rem of all flags).
SET FLAGS = -q

rem