Re: Daniel's the man + feign_death

From: Robert Peters (darpy@juno.com)
Date: 01/22/99

*cry*

Thank you Daniel, I was praying that you'd step in sooner or later.

Really though, in the last two and a half years, I've seen the list go
from useful and entertaining,
to entertaining, and finally to just plain annoying.   I don't think many
people are reading the FAQ,
or even attempting to try things out on their own before they post.

Anyways, my point is that the list seems to be on the decline.

quick ObCircle:

easy enough to do on your own, but here's a feign death skill for thieves
and monk types.
It uses improve_skill, which is not stock, so you'll have to replace that
with something if
you don't have it.

ACMD(do_feign_death)
{
   struct char_data *tmp_ch, *next_char;
   int percent, prob;

   if(!FIGHTING(ch))
   {
       send_to_char("You play possum, but no one seems to care.\r\n",ch);
       return;
   }

   percent = GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_FEIGN_DEATH);
   prob = number(1,101);

   send_to_char("You try to act dead!\r\n",ch);
   GET_POS(ch) = POS_SITTING;

   if(prob < percent)
   {
       improve_skill(ch, SKILL_FEIGN_DEATH);
       act("$n is dead! R.I.P.", FALSE, ch, NULL, NULL, TO_ROOM);

      for (tmp_ch = world[IN_ROOM(ch)].people; tmp_ch; tmp_ch =
next_char)
       {
           next_char = tmp_ch->next_in_room;
           if(FIGHTING(tmp_ch) == ch)
                stop_fighting(tmp_ch);
      }

        stop_fighting(ch);

      death_cry(ch);
      WAIT_STATE(ch, 1 * PULSE_VIOLENCE);
      return;
 } else /* they failed the skill roll */
    {
        act("$n pretends to be dead!", FALSE, ch, NULL, NULL, TO_ROOM);
        WAIT_STATE(ch, 2 * PULSE_VIOLENCE);
        return;
    }

}