Re: [Code]Sammy's Current E-Mail

From: Xual (xual@satanspawn.ml.org)
Date: 01/22/99

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Mark Vanness Jr. wrote:

> Oh, and some of you mentioned what the crashes were, well one of the ones I
> can think off the top of my head, is the stat file, or set file crash.  Only
> happend when I put in the code, I looked at the code, and I am stumped.

         I think the problem is that there is no memory allocated for the
player when 'set file <player>' calls load_char().  Try adding a

CREATE(vict, struct char_data, 1);
CREATE(vict->player_specials, struct player_special_data, 1);

before the call to load_char(), and make sure to free them after you're
done setting them.  I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, I never
got that far, the other little bugs got to me before I bothered trying it
out.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.ml.org:4000