Re: [NEWBIE] [ZEDIT] Door and New Zone errors

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@pacific101.com)
Date: 01/22/99

----- Original Message -----
From: Nate Mcsp <JNMcSp@aol.com>
To: <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 1999 6:33 AM
Subject:  [NEWBIE] [ZEDIT] Door and New Zone errors

*snip*

>patching it to unmodified stock circles without any success.  Also whenever
>create a new zone, then zedit it, the MUD crashes.  I can use redit, medit,
>oedit, and sedit, but I can't use zedit.  Has anyone fixed either of these
>problems?  Thanks for your help.

*snip*

----------------------------

That's because I put in the builder format as an afterthought.  In the
function zedit_new_zone(), where it sets up the relative variables for the
new zone, add a line:

  /* Ok, insert the new zone here. */
      new_table[i].name = str_dup("New Zone");
-->  new_table[i].builders = str_dup("");
     new_table[i].number = vzone_num;
     new_table[i].top = (vzone_num * 100) + 99;
     new_table[i].lifespan = 30;
     new_table[i].age = 0;
     new_table[i].reset_mode = 2;
     new_table[i].zflags = 0;

You may want to change the str_dup("") to
str_dup("thenameofyourheadimplementor"), as the logic of inserting an empty
string doesn't quite make sense to me, but not much seems to anymore.

I never saw your other bug before, though, nor has it been reported to me
that I recall.

Also, this is only if you're using OLC+.

-B.