Re: [LINUX] Configure problems

From: Dan Egli (dan@mudhosts.net)
Date: 02/21/99

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Phillip A Ames wrote:

> I've tried every mutilation of that possible :)  This is what
> happenes....  Am I stupid or what?

Not likely. :>
> [startrek@oberon circle]$ ./configure
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

type this:
which sh

if it doesn't report:
/bin/sh, you need to change the first line of configure to be what it
reports. Ex, if it reports:
/usr/bin/sh (don't know why, but I've seen it before) then change this
line:
#! /bin/sh
#! /usr/bin/sh

Also, verify that the file is actually the configure script. more
configure, read the first few lines. If it doesn't have comments about
circle, it's not the configure script, and thus won't run :>