Re: Attempting to become quest friendly

From: Adrian (tdowling@dsport.com)
Date: 02/27/99

>I am attempting to add a quest system into my MUD where the quests themselves
>are scored.  The games I am attempting to install are paintball, laser tag,
>capture the
>flag, battle royale, and a few others....
>
>If you have any ideas as to how I might implement this... please respond, I'm
>interested in seeing what everyone has to say (because most of the people
>working on my MUD haven't the slightest clue as how to implement these)

well, I'm not sure how you'd impliment paintball and laser tag, but for
battle royale, you could just create a weapon that they must have equipped
upon entering, and this weapon does an instant death spell or something on
the victim.
for capture the flag, all you really need are two items called flags, and a
few hiding places in the zone... set up two statues(or something) in the
zone, one for red, and one for blue(or whatever) then create a new command
called something like 'win' that searches the room for the statue, and the
player's inventory for the other player's flag... oh, and you'd have to
impliment sides somehow, just make it so that when they enter the zone, a
new PLR flag(or whatever) that lets the mud know which side they're on...

I hope that was what you were looking for, and not actual code (I just
assume that that part is the job of your coders)

-Adrian