Re: shared libs in circle (was: C++ compiler warnings with dlsym())

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/03/99

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Mark A. Heilpern wrote:

>I'm just curious to know what people have placed in shared libraries for
>CircleMUD? SpecProcs seems like an easy answer, but anything else?

Making them 'true' shared libraries is about useless.  The only gain would
be if you ran two different CircleMUDs that could care common code.  Common
code like the C library is common code.

>This thread got me reading the manual pages on the dlXXX() calls. Sounds
>interesting and there's even a nice, short example on how to use them.
>There isn't an example in the man pages for how to write the shared
>library though; should I just pick up source to a PAM module (they're
>small, simple dll's) to see how it's compiled, or is there a better
>example somewhere?

http://www.imaxx.net/mcircle/archive/0002.html

There's an addendum to that too, so make sure to read it.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org