Re: dg questions II

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 03/05/99

At 06:28 AM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the helpful replies, I just remembered two more things which
>I haven't been able to find a way around. I've used alternate methods to
>replace the functions I listed previously, but these two have no obvious
>alternatives (to me). I've been trying to make an object script that
>procs a spell randomly during combat, but I can't think of any way for
>the item to recognise if the wielder is fighting.

Right now I'm away from the "clean" DG Scripts source, and I don't know
off hand if this was added for pl6 or is a pre-pl7 snippet. The code below,
which comes from dg_scripts.c (after the #ifdef RACE/#endif block) will
let "%actor.fighting%" be used to determine if the character is engaged in
combat.

      else if (!str_cmp(field, "fighting"))
        if (FIGHTING(c))
          sprintf(str, "%c%ld", UID_CHAR, GET_ID(FIGHTING(c)));
        else *str = '\0';

> The 'wear' trigger
>doesn't go off for weapons, so I can't capture names to a variable, and
>there is no 'owner' or 'wearer' variable that I'm aware of. Anyone have
>a snippet or info regarding this?

This is certainly interesting and something I was unaware of. The reason
is wield is in different code than wear. In people's opinion, should objects
have a wield trigger, or should the wear trigger be used for wield as well?
If people tell me what they think, I'll do something for pl7.