Re: Mobiles that teach

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 03/05/99

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Jeramy Singleton wrote:

> Okay this has probably been asked before but when i search through the list i

About a month ago, look harder.

> can't find it.
> Here's what i want to do.
> I'd like to make it so that certain mobiles teach different skills, not just
> guild masters. I already made it so that the players have to goto their guild
> master to gain. I'd like to make it so that the level doesn't matter on the
> skills but what does matter is that they find the mob that can teach them the
> skill.
> I don't like it when they type prac and it says <not learned>. I'd rather them
> not know that they can learn the skill until they find a mob that will teach
> it to them.
> Has anyone implemented this before?

Yes, I wrote a couple of script commands, mteach and mskillset.  It was
actually quite simple, based off the guild spec_proc.  If there's some
interest, I may consider hacking it down to work in a stock mud (my
skill/spell system is a long way from stock) and release it.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000