Re: [newbie][Compiling] Troubles Again

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/14/99

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Miguel [iso-8859-1] Chávez G. wrote:

> And.. now, I define ulong in conf.h at the end. as this:
> #define ulong 1
> is it right? or how i should define it?

This isn't what you want to do.  This is a preprocessor declaration,
making any instance of "ulong" resolve (literally) to the number 1.[1]  In
which case, a line such as "ulong htonl(u_long hostlong);" would resolve
to "1 htonl(u_long hostlong);" which doesn't make sense.  Anyway, in
sysdep.h find the "ulong htonl(u_long hostlong);" line and change it to
either,

  u_long htonl(u_long hostlong);

or to,

  unsigned long htonl(unsigned long hostlong);

whichever works for you.

-dak

[1] My recommendation is to pick up a remedial book on C.  A decent one
    should cover such topics in a much more clean manner than any
    discussion on this list could hope to.