Re: Some things

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@alphalink.com.au)
Date: 04/15/99

>On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Andrew Ritchie wrote:
>> Secondly, I was thinking about dynamic room descriptions, but I'm not sure
>> as to how much lag this will produce, evaluating a script everytime someone
>> 'look's. Has anyone had experience with lag-time in this area?
>
>Dynamic room descriptions.. when would their be a need to modify the
>room descriptions on a on the fly basis? I was thinking about setting
>up room descriptions that change with the seasons. (working on imping
>seasons to:) Did you want to modify them on a tick basis? I could see
>modifying them on a day/night basis but I cant put that much demand
>on a builder.. Me: "You should write 8 descriptions per room for every
>season and the day and night." Builder: "Yea right!.. keep your lousey
>immortal"

Perhaps if the room description depended on who it was that was looking? For
example, trees would appear huge to small hobbits or something and shrubs to
huge trolls (bad example, I know, but you get what I mean). I will have
seasonal things and day/night descriptions that are fairly constant, but
when it depends on whoever is looking....

Cheers,

---
Andrew Ritchie,
Rippon Lea Mansion and Estate