Re: Annoying Pager (correction) and ObCircle

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@pacific101.com)
Date: 05/23/99

-----Original Message-----
From: Circle Discussion List [mailto:CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca]On Behalf Of
Brandon Brown
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 1999 11:32 AM
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject: Re:  Annoying Pager (correction) and ObCircle

<< For those of you doing roleplay environments, what did you do about
   socials?

   I think I'll cut them out completely, so that characters use
'emote'/'alias'
   in order to create personalized actionns.

Why?  Are you saying that two people can't "smile happily" or "chuckle
politely"?

---

No, what I am saying is that with socials right there, players are more likely
to use them instead of creating ones that are more personal to their
character.  It makes people decide if they want to be chuckling "politely" or
chuckling "heartily" IMHO.

I'd rather see a group of characters laughing, having their own distinct
traits show through, instead of everyone "falling down laughing."

I don't know what I'll do for sure, I'm trying to get input.

Anyone else?

-k.