Re: Constant Regeneration

From: Eric Helvey (helver@alliances.org)
Date: 06/10/99

I put one of those in.  Basically it involves a rethinking of regen... the
standard way is broken up into how many hp/mana/move you get back per
tick.  The new way you have to figure out how many ticks it takes to get
back 1 hp/mana/move point.  You'll also probably want to distinguish
between mobs and players... For my system, I believe changing the players
to have a "tickless" regen increased cpu usage from 3% to about 8%.  I
would imagine that throwing mobs in there might be too much.

Eric