Re: tick regen vs pulse regen

From: Planet Dragos Customer Support (master@i-55.com)
Date: 06/17/99

They way I did it, players only regen when they're sitting or lower in
position, and mobs regen on normal ticks.
Niether regen at all if fighting, so it evens out pretty well.

>        Hey, hopefully looking for someone who has implemented a pulse-based
>hit/mana/move regen system to give some pointers on its effect. :)  We have
>it in place, but of course it has made fights with mobs much harder, it
seems,
>since they now regen the same way.
>        I'm wondering what you all may have done in this situation...keep
>mobs on ticks, slow their regen rates, etc... Thanks for any info you may
>have.
>        Just to reiterate; not looking for who to code it, that is all done,
>just lookin at possible effects and ways to deal with and tweak the system.

Planet Dragos(tm) Customer Support Team
Contact Information:
Website . . . . . . . . http://planet-dragos.com/
Email . . . . . . . . . support@planet-dragos.com
Address . . . . . . . . 307 North Oak Street - Hammond, LA 70401
Cheryl Drago/Owner  . . cheryl@planet-dragos.com
Chuck Reed/Webmaster  . chuck@planet-dragos.com
Toll free number  . . . 1-888-DRAGOS-8
Local Number  . . . . . 504-345-4511