Re: Running MUD in Windows

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 06/23/99

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 00:24:41   Ron Cole wrote:
>>Dunno if this is fact or not, however, i have heard that windows
>>boxes can only have an uptime for 49.7 days or something before
>>they suddenly just reboot.

Curiously enough, we were discussing timers at work
today and noticed that the windows timer is just
an int and it keeps track of the number of seconds
since windows started.  Doing the math, that let's it
handle only 49 days.  We weren't sure what it's
behavior would be on day 50, since none of us had ever
had a Windows box up that long ;)  but we didn't think
it would reboot.  But maybe - windows is so flakey :p

But anyways, the answer is yes, Windows can only handle
49 days of uptime before *something* will happen.