Re: Level restrictions

From: Fizal (amustapa@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/19/99

--- Tony Maro <tony@maro.net> wrote:
> For anyone who thinks level restrictions on objects are a bad thing,
> check out what's going on with EverQuest...  They seem to have a
> problem with high levels giving low levels equip and money, or
> trading stuff like that between your own chars (kill things with a
> high level to give loot to your other low level char.)

I agree that having level restrictions on object can be good. The
example given is a good one. However, why restrict the object base only
on the player's level? Why not other aspects, like the player's stats
or if you have weapon proficiency in, on that as well (if the object is
a weapon that is).

Better yet, if you want to be nasty, add in weapon proficiency and let
players use weapons without limits. Then, while fighting, if their
proficiency is low, they might hurt themselves instead of the enemy :P

Hehehe... just throwing something in :)

===
Afizal Mustapa
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia