Economy in MUD

From: Tony Maro (tony@maro.net)
Date: 07/21/99

All of this talking of concepts got me thinking...

I'm wanting to implement an economy system.  I've been researching different MUD's recently and like the idea behind Medievia's trading system.  Does anyone know of any patches / snippets / resources of what makes a system like this work?

I'm a little afraid that if I try to design my own without seeing something else first that I will place things WAY out of balance.  I'm not sure what forces affect trade values, etc. that will make a good system.

Thanks,