gcc -MM and Makefiles

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 09/17/99

I'm in the midst of shuffling structs around between .h files so that
things will be a little more organized (in my mind, at least). This means
that I'm adding some new .h files and, of course, I am also #include'ing
them into the code. To keep my Makefile up-to-date, I'm using 'gcc -MM
*.c' to get output on what .c files are dependant on what .h files.

I'm getting out put like so:
act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h \
 interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h constants.h object.h room.h \
 char.h
act.info1.o: act.info1.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h \
 interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h constants.h object.h room.h \
 char.h
[etc]

But the Makefile needs input like so:
act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h \
 interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h constants.h object.h room.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.comm.c
act.info1.o: act.info1.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h \
 interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h constants.h object.h room.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.info1.c
[etc]

Does anyone have an easy way to add the $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) ....  line in
the appropriate plraces?

Thanks!

--
Zeavon MageMaster