Re: SNOOP?

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 09/22/99

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Mike Carpenter wrote:

> I am using Circlebpl12, snoop command is causing my mud to crash.  I
> realize that snooping brings out the whole topic of "If you have to snoop
> then...." or "Snooping shouldn't be allowed anyway"  However, there are
> times when it is necessary IMO.  I am asking for some suggestions as to
> what would cause snoop to crash the mud?  On a coding scale of 1 to 10 i am
> about a 4.  I am not asking to be referred to C for Dummies vol I or II,
> simply some help.  Snoop works for awhile then something seems to trigger
> an overflow or something...I can't figure it out.  Please help me
> understand how snoop works and what whys I might try resolving the issue.

Snooping works by copying all output sent to the snoopee, and sending it to
the snooper as well.  Check the changelogs for the fix(es?).  If you want to
understand how it works, have a look at comm.c in process_output().
--

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000