MISSED_PULSES??

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 09/27/99

Hiya All

Hum, hum, Last night the mud went kablooei and this was the apparent
reason:

Sun Sep 26 23:59:57 :: SYSERR: MISSED_PULSES IS NONPOSITIVE!!!

I think the answer lies in that missed_pulses becomes too high, and
thereby flips over, at least that would explain that part of the problem.

Digging deeper (talking to some of the players and whatnot), I found that
the mud decided to speed everything up all of a sudden, People couldn't
log on, since due to the speedup everything happend at 100x faster than
usually, so people timed out quite fast.

I've only experienced this on a Linux 5.0 (Soon to be moved to FreeBSD),
my development platform (A FreeBSD 3.3) have not shown this problem, that
of course doesn't mean that it isn't there.

To make matters even worse, I cannot reproduce the problem, So, have
anyone experienced something like this?

/S

"The Law of Self Sacrifice"
When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.