Re: Crazy Idea

From: Jon A. Nielsen (nielsenja@worldspy.net)
Date: 12/27/99

> I had this crazy idea this morning. When i need to recompile on my mud.
> I don't shutdown the mud, i recompile while it's running and then i
> shutdown reboot. But i was thinking, do i need to log onto the shell
> a/c at all. If i made a "compile" cmd that would go into the src dir
> and do "make circle".

This shoulds like it would work fine, but you would probably want to
redirect the output from that to a file that you can read from within the
mud in case there are errors. I really don't see the advantage to this, but
if you like it, do whatever you want. You could also implement an online
editor that can edit files on the server; maybe even give your immortals
directories and permissions, and let them have files on the server. *shrug*

___
Jon A. Nielsen
Lazarus of Spear of Insanity MUD
spear.kilnar.com:1066