Re: general poll question

From: Nick Watson (pidarve@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/01/00

I think this depends on the role play level of your mud.  My mud is
generally a non-role playing mud, well minimal.  I have seen muds where
all global communication was take out, the only way players could talk was
to be in the same room with another character, or if in a room adjacent,
you could hear a voice saying it, but wouldn't know who.  Languages were
implimented here, so I often ran into players of other races that couldn't
speak my language.  This makes it difficult for newbies to learn from
other players.