[NEWBIES][OLDIES] I can't believe I vonlunteering

From: Susan Douglas (sareena@nbnet.nb.ca)
Date: 02/04/00

Ooops!  I sent the first one from the wrong address!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

After hearing much about reading the FAQ and the WTFAQ, I've decided to
write the "Take you by the hand guide to Circle MUD".

MY BACKGROUND: I am not a hard core mudder, I just happen to posess a
wonderful thing -- my own server.  I knew very little about mudding in
general before becoming an implementor.  I have been coding for almost 20
years.

Looking at the code for circlemud is a little daunting.  Figuring out what
each piece of code does takes a bit of effort.  The task becomes greater
when you are new to programming as well.  It is easier to just ask for help.

I did not know about the FAQ and the WTFAQ until after I joined the list.  I
didn't find http://developers.circlemud.org until then either. There were no
links to it from http://www.ciurclemud.org  that I could find easily.

I would like to develop a seiries of web pages that take you step by step
through the starting a Mud process. From finding a server to understanding
patches.  Most of it I will link to the wonderful articles that have been
written -- will just put it in a step - by - step manual.

To this end I invite you to meet with me on IRC next Tuesday 8:00pm AST
(That's 7:00 pm EST) to help me and suggest things that I could do.  I will
provide more details about where next week.  (I'm going to see if I can put
up an IRC Server thingy on my poor little server.

Susan Douglas
Programmer, Crescent Studio
sdouglas@crescentstudio.com
http://www.crescentstudio.com

"The most important design issue...
       is that Linux is supposed to be fun..."
       ( Linus Torvalds  - Linux Journal, March 1995 )