Re: NEWBIE Lives system & Prompt

From: Fizal (amustapa@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/05/00

At 12:29 PM 5/2/2000 -0500, Jerry Billings <Jubjubsoft@aol.com> wrote:
>> Exactly what kind of lives system are you looking to do?
>
>Well I just want a simple one., you start out the game with 10 lives, and
>every time you die you lose one, and when lose all ten you cannot log in
>anymore, it'll give a message sayiung you've died all your lives or something
>and then disconnect you. But I also want to be able to sell lives so they can
>buy them back.

Search for RIP_COUNT.TXT or RIP_CNT.TXT or something like that. It's
supposed to be a guide on adding in counters for deaths, kills, and pkills
for each player. You can base your lives system on it since it's almost a
like, except that that one increases the count, while yours decreases.

G'luck!

---

Afizal Mustapa
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.