Usage of obj->next and obj->next_content

From: Dan Merillat (harik@chaos.ao.net)
Date: 02/17/00

Arn't those two redundant?  From my checking, you can have

Person.inventory object->next->next->next
                    \      \-contains->next
                     \->contains->next->next->next
                                    \->contains

without ever needing the next_content.  Is that just around for historical
reasons?  I'm attempting to simplify somewhat and redo the load/save routines.

Am I totally off-base or can this be brought in-line?