Re: NEWBIE: OLC Problem

From: Da' Kool Cat (Kool_Cat@SoftHome.net)
Date: 03/23/00

At 08:31 AM 3/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I put togather a doc a while ago for adding a wear position.
>http://home.earthlink.net/~caminturn/add_wear.txt
>You can show the wear positions where ever you want.
>HOWEVER!!!!!
>You have to make sure certain parts are NOT changed, otherwise you will be
>wearing your weapons on your ears!

  Oh no! But then you have to do the tedious job of changing each and every
object!  Although you "could" make a program to filter through the object
files and increase ITEM_WEAR_X numbers, I believe a patch on the FTP
(something along the lines of new_do_eq?) will be much better suited.
  Makes it a LOT easier when you add more wear positions :)

  Regarding the 2 positions for one type issue, go by the ring and wrist
examples (they pop up a few times in the code, like when wearing equipment
or auto-equiping on certain muds).

<snip headers>
>I think I did do this....which leads me to another question.  I'd like my
>ear
>wear position to
>appear high on the list (very near the top...under light, maybe?).  How do
>you
>do that if
>you can't rearrange the pos?  Or is it just a matter of making sure the
>positions are
>rearranged EVERYWHERE?
<snip>