Re: More Shield Damage

From: Shawn Kimbley (whatley@lewiston.com)
Date: 04/19/00

First, thanks to all those who have tried to help me with this problem.  I
appreciate all assistance that I get.

Ok here's what i've tried for the damage() and it's result, all i'm looking for
it to do it have the damage be applied to the person who hit the one with the
Iceshield:
 -snip-
 if (AFF_FLAGGED(victim, AFF_ISHIELD) && dam >= 1) {
     temp = dice(1, GET_LEVEL(victim) / 4);
     damage(ch, ch, temp, SPELL_ICE_SHIELD);
 -snip-
 Result: Damage is applied to the person affected by Iceshield

changing to
     damage(victim, ch, temp, SPELL_ICE_SHIELD);
 Result: Same

changing to
     damage(victim, ch, temp, SPELL_ICE_SHIELD);
Result: Mud crashes when enemy hits you

changing to
     damage(victim, ch, temp, SPELL_ICE_SHIELD);
Result: Mud crashes when enemy hits you

If you get the feeling that I have absolutely no idea what I'm trying to prove
here, you're probably correct.  I just assumed that by changing the damage(ch,
victim.... to damage(victim, ch...... would reverse who took damage, but this
did not happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed

Whatley