Re: Arrays and Linked Lists

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 04/26/00

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Zachary Tellman wrote:

> I searched the archives for previous posts regarding storing the world
> within an array and found some references, but no real practical advice on
> how to create one.  The reason a linked list was used was because linked

This doesn't answer your question, but I hope that my advice is still
helpful.

Most people shy away from linked lists because they don't understand them.
I'm going to assume that the reason you want to use arrays instead of
linked lists. In order to convert the CircleMUD code from using linked
lists to arrays, you will have to fully understand the mechanics of linked
lists. Once you understand that, you can either start on the conversion to
arrays, or you can use what is currently there.

If my assumpsion is wrong, I apologize. If it is correct, I suggest that
you simply take the time to learn how linked lists work. In the long run,
you will certainly be happier.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity