Infinite Loops

From: Jon A. Nielsen (nielsenja@worldspy.net)
Date: 04/30/00

Hello,

I'm writing to ask if anyone has devised a method to catch infinite loops in
the MUD' code at runtime.  Essentially, I would like to build a system into
the MUD by which the MUD would reboot itself in the case of an infinite
loop.  I have seen this done elsewhere, but I don't know how to go about
establishing such a system, and I imagine it would have to be an outside
script that would shutdown the MUD, since if the code is looping, it would
never reach a point outside of the loop.

Any help/ideas/criticism would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

___
Jon A. Nielsen
Lazarus of Spear of Insanity MUD