Re: isname() improvement

From: Alex (fletchra@qsilver.queensu.ca)
Date: 06/26/00

> I still believe the easiest approach is to change the isname().
> besides, I really like the hyphen as split symbol.
The easiest way is to change is_name().  We did that on VieMud, but
do _not_ use '-' as a splitting symbol.  A good number of objects
can have the '-' in their keywords, and having the code do double
duty on the hyphen can be a bit confusing.  We use a '.' (period)
on VieMud, and find that it works quite well.  It looks nice too:
  % get long.sword
  You get the long bastard sword.

I'm considering submitting the code that we use for the standard
CircleMUD distribution, but I haven't made up my mind on that one
yet.

Ae.