Re: [CODE] Race vs Class vs Stat generation

From: Dana Luther (dtluther@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/27/00

-
>From: "Dereck Kozak" <nightlith@mb.sympatico.ca>
>> Thanks for the help on my object problem, but it didn't solve my mob one.
>> If i have sentinel mobs, that aren't supposed to be killed (Like city
guard)
>> How do I keep them stop reproducing like bunnies?
>Same way as with the objects. In the zone file, for each guard loaded,
first remove
>him. This is what your zonefile should look like (or something..)
>R 0 4081 4013 -1  (remove the mob(regardless of success of prev command))
>M 0 4013 50 4081  (load the mob (regardless of success of prev command))
>E 1 4041 50 4 (equip the mob (dependant on success))
>E.... (as many as you want)
>This way, the mob will only apear once, even if 50 of him is allowed.

Um.... I'd be pretty wary of doing this, simply because I haven't tried out
to see what
would happen.
Say you purge the guy in the middle of a fight or a quest conversation? Or,
if you're
using dg_scripts and the guy has a global variable set by a quest and you
purge him...
That could quickly get nasty couldn't it?

I'd say the best way to do this is really to set the EXACT number you want,
if you have
them in 50 different places in the city, then set the limit to 50 and put
them in the .zon
file for each location you want (or the 25 locations and you'll end up with
2 in each location.)

Dana