Re: Iedit Problems

From: Mysidia (jmhess@i-55.com)
Date: 06/30/00

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Brandon wrote:

> I recently added the ieditv0.2 with the xapobjs 1.2 for CirlceMUD BPL17 with OasisOLC 2.0.  After trying the newly installed patch and attending to all rejection files, the mud seemed to crash on me imediatly on entering the editor.
>
> GDB backtrace:
> #0  free_object_strings (obj=0x0) at genobj.c:324
> #1  0x807d291 in copy_object (to=0x0, from=0x8149280) at genobj.c:389
> #2  0x8094294 in iedit_setup_existing (d=0x8145558, real_num=0x8149280)
>     at oedit.c:1123

   Your problem appears to be in iedit_setup_existing; calling copy_object
where the destination of the copy is a null reference.

perhaps iedit_setup_existing means to create another copy of an object
'real_num' or an object looked-up in the routine  but forgot to malloc
the space so it'd be providing the routine with a valid pointer...

. o O ( actually naming a pointer 'real_num' is a "bad thing",
        since having num in the word implies that it's a standard
        numerical value -- or did gdb start printin' 0xXXX rather than
        YYY for numericals?, chuckle )

            -Mysid