Re: Coding

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 09/03/00

Jesse Hyde wrote:

> Not a guide, more like comments. Some of the code in the souce isn't well
> commented, which makes it hard to follow. I can understand much of it, just
> some of the code eludes me still.

Well, the only comments that you will find will be right in the source
as it stands to reason that if a programmer does not bother to comment
the source then why would they put comments elsewhere?  However, there
are other resources available to you...

This link may help, it's basically a cross reference of all the files,
functions, variables, and types in circlemud.

http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/circle/cdp/cxref/

Also check the other resources available from teh CircleMUD
Documentation Project...

http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/circle/cdp/

Then there is always Ceramic Mouse...

http://developer.circlemud.org/

And of course the searchable archives for this mailing list...

http://post.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/listserv/wa?S1=circle

And don't ever forget the FAQ and WTFAQ (I really don't have to give you
links to those now, do I?  Hint, look down.).

Regards, Peter