Writing to a file

From: Shane Lee (mudmaster@Randor.zzn.com)
Date: 09/03/00

I have been trying for the past three days to figure out this
stupid problem. Then I thought, "Hey, maybe that's what circle's
mailing list is for!" And so here comes the problem/question.
I want to write a buffer straight to a specific file. Simple?
Maybe, but I can't get the stupid thing to work, never tried
anything like it before.
Here's a mockup of the code I'm working on:

-snip-
  static char 1_buf[MAX_INPUT_LENGTH];
-snip-

      *1_buf = '\0'; /* Would rather free this if I could */
      sprintf(1_buf, "%s", arg);
      SEND_TO_Q(1_buf, d);
      SEND_TO_Q("\r\nThank you.\r\n", d);
      /* Here I need to first touch a file, then write
      1_buf straight to it. */
      STATE(d) = CON_MENU;
      break;
-snip-

I'm sure you get the picture, if not the need for something this
harsh. Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish this? I've tried
mocking several instances of fputs, fprintf and even vfprintf that
I found in several other files, but it doesn't work. Won't even
compile without warnings and stuff.
Thnx:

-FIRE