Re: [Circle] Devilbunny and Graphical Editor Map

From: Leonardo Herrera (leonardo.herrera@mercantil.com)
Date: 09/11/00

Patrick Dughi wrote:
[...]
>         The problem that I'm conceptulizing is that most circlemud zones,
> even stock zones, are not 3-d correct.  That isn't a problem, in and of
> itself, except that you get overlaps.  It destroys most of the purpose of
> having a map if you just plop down a series of disconnected nodes and say
> 'yeah, it's a map'.

Two years ago I started to design a good way to display existing maps. And in
my research process I learned about funny types of "graphs" and stuff like
that. My conclusion was "Hell, this crap is hard to do". Oh, well, really is
not that hard, but you need to deal with some math. I make some advances on
this, but then I lost all my sources and I gave up.

There was a map editor with a really good map around. I don't remember the name
of this program, but I remember the author was an italian guy. This map was
capable to display the funny shaped map.

Oh, this document is nice: http://campus.northpark.edu/wicksBook/GraphTheory/

--
Leonardo Herrera
mailto:leonardo.herrera@mercantil.com