Re: [Circle] Devilbunny and Graphical Editor Map

From: Melissa Jadwinski (meersan@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/11/00

That reminds me, I've been looking for a good way to make gif- or jpeg maps
so that my builders know how zones and roads etc link up to each other.
The basic requirements would include the ability to draw little boxes
(rooms) that connect to each other via little lines (exits).  (Yes this can
be done in, say, photoshop, but I'd like something a bit more structured
than that -- so I can easily place rooms in line with each other, etc.)  So
far I've tried Powerpoint (which always crashes my computer, requiring a
hard reboot), and Visio (I had an evaluation copy which expired, and also
it doesn't correctly convert maps past a certain size).  Visio did well
with small maps (http://www.meersan.net/maps/amazon.gif), but poorly with
big ones (http://www.meersan.net/maps/highway.gif).  Powerpoint example:
http://www.meersan.net/maps/arend.gif

Anyway, does anyone know of a good program that allows you to 'map' things
pretty well, and output to a web-readable format?

-- Meer/meer@meersan.net