Re: [CODE] Porting from other Mud code bases...

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 10/06/00

Thomas Burns wrote:

> Having spent some time on a ROM 2.4, I found that I
> liked the note/idea system there better than the mail
> system of Circle (heaven forbid someone say that, but
> this is a matter of opinion). Having _seen_ the code
> for ROM's note system, I just sat back and wondered
> how anyone could ever find anything in that mess.
>
> My question: Has anyone ever successfully ported from
> a different code base, and how did you go about it?

How does the note system in ROM work?  You may find it easier to modify
CircleMUDs mail system so it has the same look and feel as ROM's note
system than it is to port the note system from ROM to Circle.  If you
can give some insight as to what you want I may be able to give you a
few pointers.

Regards, Peter