Re: <NEWBIE> OLC problem again

From: Fizal (amustapa@GAMEBOX.NET)
Date: 10/09/00

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 01:08:37 -0700, Nizal Hassan <nizal@angelfire.com> wrote:

>greetings folks...maybe you might have read that
>recently i've problems trying to install OasisOLC
>2.0 on my mud...the thing is that i couldn't even
>get it to work. I tried using both of the patches
>available but it won't 'make' properly and there
>lots of error in the patch '2.0a'. Is there any
>alternative from OasisOLC which basically does the
>same thing?..

There's OBuild by Samedi, but unlike Oasis it's commandline-based. Anyway,
a suggestion: why not download the BAMud from the Ceramic Mouse website or
Circle FTP site and use that instead as a base, since it has Oasis 2.0 pre-
installed? It would definitely make life much easier :)

>Also, any offline editor around?

Last time I checked, there's several like MudEditor, CircEditor and stuff
like there. Try checking out the Circle FTP site as a starting point. Or if
you're up to it, you can search thru the mailing list archives. I belief
there were a few times where people did advertise some offline world
builder that they made or used....

G'luck!

---

Afizal Mustapa