Re: Exp Problems

From: Treker (treker@positron.net)
Date: 10/14/00

> Hi

Hi there.

> I have noticed a problem with the exp system on BPL16, if a
> player is killed
> by a mob, and that mob is then killed by another or the same
> player the exp
> gain from that MOB is huge often many ten's of thousands of points. I can
> forsee this being heavily exploited if not cured.
>   Has anyone noticed what the problem is, or is there are limiter
> which can
> be added in to the code somewhere.

A limiter would be unnecessary...I think, if there is such a problem in
stock Circle, that it's probably in one of the raw_kill/do_kill/*kill* or
makecorpse functions.  There are !IS_NPC checks all over that code, so it
probably doesn't happen in circle.  Have you managed to reproduce that
problem?  If so, can you show some code where you think the problem is
occurring?