Re: [CODE]trouble in comm.c

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 11/09/00

> It would help to copy & paste the actualy compiler warnings.
>
> --
> George Greer
> greerga@circlemud.org

   I too ran into a little error, it seems to be a Windows thing (go
figure).  I fixed it (sufficiently, who knows), so atleast knowing what
he is referring to, I unzipped a fresh copy of bpl17 (without anything),
and started to compile after changing over the makefile and conf.h
file.  Here is there error I get with my own compiler (MSVC5?).

comm.c(1184) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from
declaration

   Which would bring us to this:

int new_descriptor(int s)  /* line 1183 */
{
  socket_t desc;
  int sockets_connected = 0;
  socklen_t i;
  static int last_desc = 0;     /* last descriptor number */
  struct descriptor_data *newd;
  struct sockaddr_in peer;
  struct hostent *from;

   And when going back up to the top to see how that is defined, we get
this:

int new_descriptor(socket_t s);

   I hope that helps Mr. Greer.  Nothing serious, Windows has it's
"added features" which is what makes Linux so popular. :)