Re: <CODE> how to add default patterns in olc-redit

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 12/27/00

Please set your email client to wrap lines at 75 (or thereabouts)
characters and please use proper quoting (snipping any non-relevent
material) when you reply.

Nizal Hassan wrote:

> thanks Brandon. I did what you suggested and it works. Now, how do I set a number of '*' since different clients have different set of characters per line before the line wraps...thanks again...

Not impossible to do, but far from simple.  You would have to utilize
the telnet protocol to query the client about the window size and add
variables to struct char_data to hold the information for each player.
You could then use that info as needed for displaying charts and
messages which are custom-sized to the players window.

And before you ask, I will not tell you how to do this, and I doubt
anyone else here will.  It is far too complex to even begin to explain.
It is one of the things on my to-do list and it is a project which will
probably take me a week of solid coding in my spare time to complete.
Needless to say, I won't have it done any time soon, and it won't be
fore some time after that till I release a snippet.

Regards, Peter