Re: [CODE] Buffer problem?

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 04/28/01

> If at this point you edit the mobiles L-desc and make it shorter,
> the problem goes away.

My best guess is that there is a situation where you are not null
terminating your L-desc.  Since you say this is occurring with large
strings, it is possible that something like this is responsible:

char s[SOME_LENGTH];
strncpy(s, buf, SOME_LENGTH);

If strlen(buf) is less than SOME_LENGTH the above construct works fine,
but if it happens to be greater, you will not get a NULL terminator at
the end of your string.

This is obviously only one possible explanation, but that's where I'd
start looking.

<ASIDE>
One of you "Alexes" ought to change your personal name so it's easier to
tell you apart.
</ASIDE>

Mike