Re: [CODE] More fun!

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 06/04/01

From: "Alex" <ahdecker@HOME.NET>
> When I select a certain combination of mob flags in medit, the changes
> are lost on reboot. When I save the mob file to disk, and examine it,
> I see something like:
>
> -2145386488 0 0 0 2064 67174400 0 0 500 E
>
> on the MOB_FLAGS line. This particular line, the first number is a
> combination of MOB_ flags # 4, 22 and 32. My assumption is that the
> storage of these values is simply too small for the possible values,
> but the saved.act is a long, and I would think it would allow for
> plenty of space. I'm not certain how the translation to the file
> proceeds, but the format line in medit.c looks like this:
>
> "%ld %ld %ld %ld %d %d %d %d %ld %d E\n"

That first number looks correct for flags 4, 22 and 32.  That's assuming you
mean:
(1 << 3), (1 << 21) and (1 << 31).  Since a long is a 32-bit number (I can't
think of any platforms where it's not at least that size), I doubt the problem
is with the storage size.  What flags end up being set after the reboot?

Mike