Long long int's and sprintf

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobinc@rcn.com)
Date: 06/15/01

  I am still working with 64bit bitvectors and am having an issue with
xprintf formats
  and the long long int support in gcc.  From looking at the gcc docs
available on the
  web, lld is the expected format.

        If my calculator serves me right 6.871948e+10 is the 36th bit.
However 4611686018427387904 is what is saved in the file.  The first 4
bytes are set on
but nothing above it.

        Anyone who can offer some suggestions?  Is lld the wrong format to
use for long
long int's?  Wrestled with it for awhile now, at a loss as to what the
problem might be.

        Only thing left for me after this issue seems to be what to so
about the ascii conversion routines.

-jac