NEWBIE: Some newbie questions.

From: Thomas Jones (tjones@qx.net)
Date: 06/20/01

I've downloaded Circle30Bpl18 and have been reading through the code for a
couple of weeks.  I'm about ready to start playing with the code and had a
thought.

Does anyone have any recommendations on MUST HAVE patches before I start
mucking around with the code.  I'm assuming that the more I change the
code the more trouble I'll have patching later.

Also, if there are patches that anyone considers a must NOT have. You know
the type I'm talking about.  It sounds great but either introduces so many
bugs it makes your code unusable or just too much of a headache to modify
the code later on.

Any other suggestions for a complet newbie (at least concerning mud coding
that is) would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas Jones